Dates: 17,18 of September, Place: TBD
The Heart of Agile from the Founder Taught by Dr. Alistair Cockburn
Practical Information: 17,18 of September, Place: TBD
It was a coincidence, software developers decoded the Agile Way of Working. Dr. Alistair Cockburn, co-author of the Agile Manifesto, well-known book author and top expert in his field, was one of them. Today, with The Heart of Agile, Dr. Cockburn brings the core of agile ways to any industry and area of any type of organization. This course is pure agile, for all job titles. It sets the standard for entry-level learning, and re-establishes the subtle aspects of agile ways of working for intermediate practitioners.
In this course you will:
- Understand what is and isn’t an agile way of working, what forms the heart of agile, and how all the modern decorations on agile came about
- See how teamwork, communication & frequent delivery affect your project, initiative or service delivery
- Gather additional techniques
- Understand how your new way or working fits with agile & Scrum (one of the most popular frameworks in the agile space)
Agile Manifesto Co-Author Dr. Cockburn helps you feel how it is to do effective agile, whatever your industry or role.
Who is this class for?
Who should Attend: Job titles in any industry, people looking to understand the essential concepts and techniques of agile development, independent of any branded methodology.
- Why agile works, the central principles of agile development
- The “Heart of Agile”: Collaborate, Deliver, Reflect, Improve
- How to do incremental, value-based development
- How it fits with Scrum and non-Scrum approaches
- How to improve team habits
- Current topics in the agile world: Lean Startup, Guest Leadership
Attend this course from one of the founders of the agile movement to understand what is and what isn’t agile development.
- To develop a feeling for how teamwork, communication, customer interaction and continuous improvement affect your project
- to understand how your locally tailored way of working fits with Scrum and non-Scrum approaches
- and gather a few techniques to take home and use immediately.
This course replaces the ornate and complicated rules of the different agile approaches including Scrum with an emphasis on the four basic elements of good agile development: Collaborating, Delivering, Reflecting, Improving. The course serves to introduce agile development to people in any role in any industry. It is pure agile. The course has developed and evolved over a fifteen-year period, incorporating insights from different curricula and different schools. As such, it is suitable for people working in Scrum-based organizations, as well as those using a free-form style of Agile. The main purpose of the course is to give attendees a deep appreciation for the power of agile development, when done effectively. Each of the core steps, Collaborate, Deliver, Reflect, Improve, gets attention, so that the student understand how and why each works and contributes to improved team results. The course adds just enough theory so as a participant you have an idea of how and where changes can be made in real-life situations while staying within the agile sweet spot.
If you want to know more about this workshop or any other workshops or training sessions, feel free to contact [email protected].